Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping

The black friday/cyber monday shopping went very well this year. Staples had an HP laptop for $299. 3GB of RAM and Windows 7. Also picked up a Motorola bluetooth headset for $10 after rebate.

I was on the Staples site at 5am to get the laptop. Their servers were overloaded with the traffic so I kept getting errors on each page. It took about 15 minutes to put the item in my cart and get checked out. I was very relieved that the site issues didn't cause me to miss the great deals. I was concerned with the laptop so I ordered it by itself. Then went back to order the headset. Since I would have to pay shipping for it, had it shipped to the local store.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful for sales. On Monday night Tiger Direct had a Seagate 1.5TB hard drive for $99. There was free shipping on orders over $100 so I added a Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit for $29.99. A family member will be able to use that when driving.

Still have one Toshiba netbook to get. Hopefully it will go on sale soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment